“Right from the Start for ECCE: Step Beyond All Together”
Bangkok, Thailand: July 15–19, 2024
Official website: www.omepworld2024.org
WELCOME TO THAILAND
THE BIRTHPLACE OF JOMTIEN DECLARATION
” EDUCATION FOR ALL”
Registrations will be open on 1 January 2024
- Conference attendance Wednesday 17 to Friday 19 July
- Conference reception on Wednesday 17 July
- Morning snack break, lunch and afternoon snack break on Thursday 18 and Friday 19 July
- Chao Phraya river on July 16, 2024, $30
- Visit to child care centers and preschool programs on July 17, 2024, $25
- Gala dinner at the Ancient City, the world biggest outdoor museum, $75
On July 18, 2024
All pricing is in dollars
1. Phra Anil Sakya – Assistant Secretary to His Holiness Supreme Patriarch of Thailand
2. Rokhaya Diawara – UNESCO
3. Erinna Dia – UNICEF
4. Mercedes Mayol Lassalle – OMEP World President
5. Betzabé Butron – Independent Advisor on child’s health
6. Kyungah Bang – UNESCO Bangkok
7. Mathias Urban – University of Dublin
8. Sheldon Shaeffer – ARNEC – Asia-Pacific Regional Network for Early Childhood
9. Asiya Foster – OMEP Regional VP for North America and the Caribean, 2024-2026
CALL FOR PAPERS
The Conference Committee cordially invite everyone interested in the care and education of young children from birth to eight years of age, to contribute to the enhancement of current knowledge and experiences to strengthen our commitment to scale up the determination for success toward reaching the goal of SDG4.2 in sustainable development.
Please submit your abstract that is relevant to the conference theme and not more than two of its themes. There will be a maximum of two accepted papers by one author eligible for presentation. Call for papers deadline for submissions : 15th April, 2024.
Symposium: The Self-Organized Symposium is scheduled for 90 minutes. This allows a group of four or five delegates from multiple institutions to present on a similar theme. The symposium chair or the moderator is in charge for the abstract submission. The abstract should be up to 1,000 words (including references) comprising abstracts for each presentation.
Individual Paper Presentations: This is an oral presentation of 20 minutes for each individual paper presentation on a session of 4 other presentations followed by 10 minutes for Q&A segment, based on an individual paper. The individual paper presentations are scheduled for a total of 90 minutes for each session. The abstract should be no more than 300 words (including references) for each paper.
Poster Presentation: The poster presentation session is scheduled for 60 minutes. This is a session for a knowledge sharing on early childhood care and education. Each presenter is required to display a poster within the dimension specified. Poster format is 60x90cm (24x36in), vertical and should not exceed 1m in height. Posters should be concise and visually appealing, highlighting only key information explaining your work/research. Presenters are scheduled to be available for questions by conference delegates during the poster session. The abstract should be no more than 250 words (including references).
Terms and conditions
- Applications must be submitted online through the conference abstract portal no later than 15 April 2024 through email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Abstract will go through a review process and will be assessed according to the selection criteria.
- Application outcomes will be notified by 30 April 2024.
- Successful applicants must register for the conference. Abstracts will be withdrawn from the program if registration and payment have not been received by 31 May 2024.
- All proposals submitted for presentation at the conference will go through a blind peer review process conducted by the Program Conference abstract subcommittee.
- All proposals will be assessed to ensure the quality of the presentations in accordance with the selection criteria
- Once the selected peer review process is completed, all applicants will be notified.
Abstract for symposium, individual paper presentation, and poster will be accepted or rejected on the basis of the following criteria:
- Relevance to the conference theme and nominated themes.
- Clarity of explanation of research approach and key findings
- Strength of emphasis on implications for practice and/or policy
Free of commercial interest
Any paper that is selling or promoting a particular product or commercial service will be rejected.
Phayathai Road, Pathumwan, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Tel: (+66) 2215 3555
Pathumwan Princess Hotel,
444 MBK Center, Phayathai Road, Wang Mai, Pathum Wan District, Bangkok 10330 Thailand
Telephone: (+66) 2216 3700